"The beginning is the most important part of the work" - Plato
Having invested time and money in recruiting the right person for a role many organisations fail to give the new recruit the best chance of succeeding by not supporting them appropriately through the first few months in their role. At best this results in the new recruit taking longer to get up to speed and at worse it can lead to them failing and leaving. According to the Harvard Business Review* only 20% of recruited in executives are deemed to be high performing at the end of their first year, and nearly 50% will have failed within 18 months.
At Extole we believe a properly constructed and supported Onboarding programme significantly accelerates and improves a new appointee’s successful integration to both the role and organisation.
- Our programmes are tailored to each individual and role but typically include:
- 1-2-1 coaching through the Onboarding period
- Support in creating 30-60-90 day plans
- Creation of stakeholder maps and plans
- Emotional Intelligence assessments for the individual and/or their team
- Assessment of team motivations and values
- Team support and facilitation using our systemic approach to teams
*HBR 17/1/14 Jean Martin – For Senior Leaders, fit matters more than skill